Bronx Age Discrimination Law Firm
The job market in the United States has grown tighter. Young applicants are entering the job market and are willing to for less than those with more experience. As a result, more and more employers are being accused of age discrimination. It is true that the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 protects workers from differential treatment based on age, however, just because an employer is accused, does not mean that is what actually took place.
Employers who violate the Age Discrimination Act are subject to fines and can be held liable to an employee that experiences such discrimination. If your small business has been accused of age discrimination, it is critical that you retain the services of an experienced and knowledgeable Bronx age discrimination law firm that has a history of obtaining the best possible outcome under similar circumstances.
Examples Of Age Discrimination In The Workplace:
- Refusing to hire someone because of age
- Hiring an applicant just because they are younger
- Denying older individuals training, education, or other benefits because of their age
- Terminations or reductions in the workforce that disproportionately affects older individuals
- Joking or making unwanted comments centered around age
- Assigning of undesirable and/or demeaning tasks to employees because they are elderly
- Paying elderly workers less for the same tasks
- Making job tasks more difficult for elderly individuals in an effort to get them to quit
Our Bronx Age Discrimination Law Firm
Our Bronx age discrimination law firm is among the most respected and experienced legal professionals who are dedicated to defending small business owners against claims of age discrimination. You have invested time and effort into making your business profitable, and successful and a claim of discrimination puts all of that in jeopardy. Upon retaining our services, we will start defending you against these harsh accusations and will do our best to help you avoid costly litigation.
Our attorneys frequently guide small business owners and managers through the process to ensure compliance with the Age Discrimination Act. Our goals are to avoid litigation and to successfully defend against allegations of age discrimination. Call our Bronx age discrimination law firm at (800) 339-8953.