Staten Island Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyer
Under state and federal laws, a pregnant employee’s legal rights are substantially protected. This puts employers in the challenging position of balancing legal compliance with protecting the interests of the business. If you are in need of legal advice to assist in dealing with a pregnancy discrimination claim, the Staten Island pregnancy discrimination lawyer at the Law Office of Yuriy Moshes is here for you 24/7.
Is Your Employer In Compliance with the Pregnancy Discrimination Act?
The Pregnancy Discrimination Act is found in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Under Title VII, it is considered unlawful discrimination to discriminate against employees based on pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions that affect pregnant women. The law provides that women who are pregnant must be treated as equals to other employees or applicants with similar limitations or abilities.
Common Examples Of Pregnancy Discrimination Include:
- Terminating or not hiring a female because she is pregnant, or is considering having a child
- Firing an employee because she takes maternity leave
- Denying a qualified employee for a promotion, or demoting, because of a pregnancy or consideration of a pregnancy
- Treating pregnancy differently than other temporary illnesses or medical conditions
- Retaliation against employees who voice opposition against discriminatory employment policies and practices, or those employees who wish to testify, file a pregnancy discrimination complaint or otherwise participate in any legal proceedings related to pregnancy discrimination whether or not they are at the receiving end of the discrimination
Claims of pregnancy-related discrimination can come from women holding entry-level jobs all the way up to the chain of command. The number of pregnancy discrimination claims has increased in recent years, as more women put off starting a family until they have established their careers.
Contact Our Staten Island Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyer
In order to avoid pregnancy discrimination claims, employers must be cognizant of the way in which female employees are treated. If your employer has discriminated against you because of a pregnancy, anticipated pregnancy, or a pregnancy-related medical condition, it is critical that you speak with our Staten Island pregnancy discrimination lawyer.
Our Staten Island pregnancy discrimination lawyer is committed to providing employees with reliable and aggressive legal representation. We thoroughly investigate pregnancy related discrimination claims and then work hard to develop tactics and strategies aimed at protecting your rights. Call the Law Office of Yuriy Moshes today at (800) 339-8953.